Hey, guys! Today I’m sharing with you a really easy tutorial for a DIY holographic chair. Holographic nails were the inspiration behind this concept….where’s my holosexuals at?!?? If you watch Simply Nailogical you know what I’m talking about 😉
The amount of shimmer cannot be captured on camera, it doesn’t even do it justice!
The most important thing is using the correct glitter for this effect. Not every glitter is going to work. The only glitter that will work for this effect is *metallic iridescent ultra fine glitter* I found mine at Hobby Lobby in little tiny tubes with a pack of 6. I used two tubes for this entire chair.
I plan on putting some pretty trim around the edges…glitter studs, maybe? I felt like it was too much with the sun shining on it, but when it’s out of the light-it looks completely black with very slight shimmer. I love it so much! It looks like a very “metal” or goth chair …but put it out in the sun, and BAM! Instant blinding beauty!
- Chalky paint (in whatever color glitter you're using)
- Furniture paint brush
- Iridescent metallic ultra fine glitter
- Mod Podge for Fabric
- Ultra Gloss paint
- Holographic Spray paint
- Paint your furniture (wood and upholstery) with chalky paint *see how to paint upholstery (I Painted My Couch Tutorial on YouTube)
- Let dry
- Paint the wood glossy with ultra gloss paint
- Mix the glue and loose glitter and paint the upholstery
- Finish the look with holographic spray paint
And as always, I encourage you to share your projects because we can all pick up different tips and tricks from each other! #LJDIY on IG, FB, or Twitter